High regard is given to health and safety. We recognise our responsibility to all those who may be directly or indirectly affected by our work to provide a safe working environment by complying with all relevant legislation including:
• Health and Safety at Work Act (1974)
• Work at Height Regulations (2005)
• Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER, 1998)
• Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER, 1998)
• Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations (PPE, 1992)
• Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations (1999)
• Control Of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (COSHH, 2002)
All work is carried out within the guidelines stipulated by the Arboriculture and Forestry Advisory Group (AFAG).
All staff and contractors are NPTC qualified however we strive to continually improve skills and experience. We also recognise the rights of our contractors to refuse to continue works if they deem it to be unsafe or illegal.
Prior to work on a site commencing, best practice procedures are followed to identify and control health and safety risks.
Full risk assessments are conducted prior to each job commencing. All persons that are to be affected are to be inducted on the risks and made fully aware of them and the controls before they are allowed to start work.
We operate a zero tolerance policy on alcohol and drugs, including prescription medications which may cause drowsiness.